Re: [RC] What exactly does Non-Toxic mean?--Cryopaks - Stephanie E Caldwell

Ed,

What is the chemical listed either on the box or by
the poison control folks?

The chemical is Sodium Carboxy methyl cellulose,
Aluminum Sulfate, 18 Hydrate, and
1-(3-chloroallyl)-3,5,7-triaza-1azonisadamantane.
ggg<

Cryopaks are the most common ice packs sold nowadays,
I got mine at Biglots and cut them down to size, but
the Cryopaks come in Reitsport and Professionals
Choice ice boots, not sure what other brands of ice
boots use them standard.

Star didn't have any effects that I saw from eating
the icepaks, did find out she ate a section of polo
wrap, did you know that they survive equine digestion.
ggg< The worst effects was from giving her 2 scoops
of sweet feed in 24 hours to get the mineral oil in
her. That and all the apple juice, apples, carrots,
sweet tea, etc... to get her very well hydrated got
her a little hyper, but she's over that as well now.

Steph