Re: [RC] re: the best method to reform a dedicated puller - Ed & Wendy Hauser

"...You want a variation you could try mine. I never tie the
horse so he never has a reason to pull back. I will not take
them out on the trail until I can saddle with out restraint,
walk all around with out tying and they follow if I ask them
to. ..."

I agree wholeheartedly.  However, some horses are purchased with baggage
including poor initial training, and have learned about pulling back.  The
question is" "what do you do to cure this habit?  Especially when tied at
night at a trailer.

Myself, I never saddle any horse that is tied to anything.  I never use
cross ties.  I rarely even groom a horse that is solidly tied.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius