[RC] DUMPED! - Barbara Goldthorpe

So I've recently started riding again after a two year sabbatical, and thankfully haven't really forgotten anything.  The problem is the Quarter Horse I'm riding, Sunny is a little S.O.B.  Before me today, he had already dumped two other girls, both strong riders like myself, when asked to canter.  He prefers to buck.  Getting his head up does no good because he just gathers himself underneath and unleashes, whether you have his head or not.  After his first volley, I stayed on, albeit around his neck.  Second time, I was gone.  After that we decided to forgo cantering, but when I asked him for a trot, he pulled the same stunt.
My riding instructor, Bonnie, is at her wits end.  She doesn't know what to try next.  He's wearing the same tack he's always worn, and does not appear to be in any discomfort with regards to his back.  The fact that he tried to buck me off at a trot leads me to believe this is a behavioral issue rather than physiological.
The only suggestions I had were to: a.  lunge it out of him (probably won't work because he knows the difference between a rider on his back obviously).  b.  a different saddle, such as dressage or western, where it's harder to remove the rider.  Not really a practical option either.  c.  A rider who can stick to Sunny like glue.  (Obviously not me ;-P).
Any advice is very much appreciated because I don't feel like eating dirt again.  I hurt a lot.  But hey, they say it takes 7 falls to make a horsewoman.  In the meantime, the whiplash does not seem to be part of that course.

Barbara Goldthorpe
bgoldtho@xxxxxxx

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse`s ears.
~  Arabian Proverb