Re: [RC] Knee galls - April

Personally, this is what I use. I'm no expert (obviously), but I AM a wimp. :-)

Here's a little story. The day before my first 50 (and only one so far, trying
for the 2nd in a couple weeks), I saddled up Tanna to go for a look-see on the
trails. I wasn't going far, I reasoned, so I put on some cotton pants
(non-tights that I use for bareback riding, never for saddle work) and left. I
went maybe 4 miles (4 exciting miles complete with bucking, rearing and lots of
threats to find the nearest dog food factory). By the time I got back to the
trailer, the inside backs of both my knees were raw and oozing. Not pretty and
NOT comfortable.

But I was there to ride my first 50 and a bit of oozing wasn't gonna stop me. So
the next morning I bravely put on my nylon/lycra tights with padding on the
knees. Went the entire 50 (9.5 hours worth of riding time) without making those
wounds worse and there was surprisingly little pain because there was no more
rubbing. I did use a topical cream (antibiotic ointment, I think?) to help with
the existing wounds, but they didn't get a bit worse.

I just ordered my second pair of those tights. Any of my cotton mix ones start
to rub after 15 miles or so.

April
Nashville, TN