[RC] Knee galls - Julie Fuller

Heidi,

Something else to consider: Going to wider leathers. I used to ride in a Wintec, and made myself a set of Australian type wide fender leathers using 2 inch wide nylon and then cordura with drapery stiffener for the "fender" part. It worked like a dream! I'm really short too, so hanging the leathers inside the flaps wasn't an option.

Two inch wide leathers work very well also, though I've sometimes had problems with pinching. This can be overcome by covers. I made mine out of Cordura with velcro, which gets rid of the bulk problem assosiated with sheepskin. Cordura also doesn't pick up debris like sheepskin!

I do still ride in a wintec on my pony. I had two inch wide leathers with Blevins buckles made by Teddy at Running Bear. Very nice with the cordura covers... No squeaking either! ( I hate to squeak down the trail, especially on a pony.... more squeaks per mile!)

Julie

REAL endurance is eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ Heidi Sowards