Re: [RC] Knee galls (mine!)--need advice - Truman Prevatt

I found a pair of "webers" that were actually leather or more correctly leather on both sides and nylon webbing sandwiched between. They are a heck of a lot more comfortable than the webers.

I have two problems with the sheepskin sleeves. First is they had a surprising amount of bulk - more than I like. The second is the material has a "direction."   If this is not taken into acount when they are made it can cause them to want to creep one direction while you are riding and that is a royal pain in the butt. I had a pair one time and one would literally wake up your leg at a trot.

I'd worry athat wrapping yor knees with anything would be more aggravation than it was worth. I guess if reccomend full chaps - while a pain and maybe a little hot it should solve the problem.

Truman

heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
OK, ridecampers, I'm on the other side of the fence now and asking for
your combined insight and experience.

After a hiatus from riding, during which I changed shape and changed tack,
I am now having problems with MAJOR galls on the insides of my knees from
the Webbers on my Wintec.  (Never had this problem with well-broke-in real
leather leathers in the old days, but never had pudgy knees, either.  <g>)
 I gutted my way through eight 50s of this last year with Desitin, and
thought I was building calluses, but boy howdy, did I get a gall in spades
at HOTR!  This AIN'T gonna cut it, particularly as I get my bod in gear to
do longer rides.

I'm considering two solutions--the sheepskin tube thingies that go over
the webbers/leathers, or the neoprene knee wraps with the Velcro closures.
 (And no, half chaps won't help, because this is from the flex in my knee
UP.  My lower leg is only mildly irritated after 50.)

Anyone who has had experience with either solution or any other solution
and has had success (or not!) please let me know.

Heidi

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.