Re: [RC] Knee galls (mine!)--need advice - heidi

I know it is a long shot, but consider experimenting with stirrup
length.  I changed from running shoes to pack boots and suddenly
developed rubs on my rump.  I had to lengthen the stirrup leathers a
bit.

Actually, I may need to go the OTHER direction.  Hubby took lots and lots
of photos at HOTR in which I am unfortunately the subject in several, and
I am having issues with foot position and heels up.  I struggle with this
anyway, and this was my first ride in EZride stirrups as well--I've gone
my whole life in regular irons with rubber inserts until now.  The EZrides
are deeper than the irons, and I was already one hole shorter to make up
for that--but I do need to experiment with that some more.

I assume that you ride in slick tights.  I can only use my part cotton
ones with knee patches in cool weather.  The rest of the year I need the
very slick nylon/spandex ones to prevent knee rubs.

Actually, no, I don't.  Again, got used to knee patches in leather
saddles, and just carried that over to the Wintec.  I do have some old
slick ones, though--I might fiddle with that, since the grip issue isn't
as big a deal with the Wintec.

Thanks for the input.

Heidi

In my experience (22 year worth) most endurance riders are great people who
will go out their way to help and be friendly.
~  Laura Hayes