[RC] Adequan vs compounded - Kristi Schaaf

Hi all-
I poked around the archives and found some info on
Adequan IM vs Chondoprotec, but I didn't find anything
about the 'generic Adequan' that I'm considering
using, so here's my question. A vet told me that he
can order a compounded drug (he called it generic
Adequan) for about half the price of brand name
Adequan. He said that they're chemically the same
thing, and that he uses a compounder that he really
trusts...I did some internet surfing on compounded
medicines, and it sounds like the vet community is
currently arguing about them and the ethics (not sure
if that's even the right word to use) of using them.
I'd love to hear our respected vets' opinions (Heidi,
Susan, etc).
Kristi (iluvdez at yahoo dot com)