From: <melanie.o@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 11:32 PM
Subject: [RC] Truck vs. SUV

Okay, since we're kicking around the diesel v. gas & the auto v. manuel
debates, how about truck v. SUV?

I have 3 large dogs.  My dogs ride in my wagon daily but my wagon will not
pull a trailer, not even a 2-horse.  So I need something bigger and can
really only afford to own one vehicle.  I do not like the idea of putting my
dogs in the back of a pickup even with a shell.  Plus, no a/c for those
really hot summer days.  I realize it's a little harder to put a load of
hay, wood chips, or manure in the back of an SUV than a pickup, but I don't
carry those things on a daily basis.

So, anyone got any advice on which 3/4 ton SUV (used of course) w/ a HD
tow package is the best way to go?  Anyone got any other solutions for both
dogs and horses?

thanks,
melanie
Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides,
if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins

Just because someone tells you that your horse isn't "fit" for
endurance...doesn't mean it isn't, it just means your horse isn't fit to be
"their" endurance horse! Go for it, you never know what you'll accomplish
with that "saddle horse" or "trail horse" of YOURS!
~ Darlene Anderson - DPD Endurance