Re: [RC] Sticking Em with a horsewhoe nail - Chris Paus

I'm with you Tracy.. egad!

chris
--- Tracy Cann <EBBYPONY@xxxxxxx> wrote:
What!!???  Did I miss something?  What kind of
retard would do something like that?  I find it hard
to believe that a horse could actually learn
something productive from being stuck with a nail.
Maybe he would learn that he should kill his rider
but I'm not sure that would be productive.  Really,
what would he learn besides "my rider is not to be
trusted and can hurt me in really weird ways".  I
know (or knew) a man who put a shock collar type
thing on his horse, one on either side of the
horse's neck down low.  When the horse would shy one
way or not turn fast enough the other he would push
a button and the horse would be shocked on that side
of the neck.  The guy did this with one horse for
years and though I don't think the horse learned
anything besides his owner was a moron, at least he
didn't kill the guy.  The next horse the man tried
this "training" method on flipped out one day,
literally, landed on the guy and killed him.  Maybe
I'm evil but I think the man got what he deserved.
Sorry for the vent.  I'm just retraining a horse
that someone did stuff like this to and it ticks me
off.

Tracy

=====
"A good horse makes short miles," George Eliot

Chris and Star

BayRab Acres
http://pages.prodigy.net/paus
Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~  Homer Saferwiffle