Re: [RC] ultra sound - heidi

One foal was from the same sire.

Well, as you and I have discussed offline, some vets just don't take the
time to check the whole uterus or to palpate as well as U/S.  I wouldn't
bet either way on this one, since either veterinary error or short
gestation could be the clue.

The good thing is that if one happens to switch stallions in a scenario
like this, most registries now require DNA, so at least when the end
result appears, one can know for sure which stallion it is by, hence which
breeding was the "real" one.  And if you used the same stallion, as in
your situation here, the problem becomes academic and a matter of
convenience of knowing for sure when the mare actually settled.

Heidi

The air of heaven is that which blows between a horse`s ears.
~  Arabian Proverb