Re: [RC] ultra sound - heidi

A vet once told me that my mare was not in foal when
she should have been 30 days along. We took her back
and bred her again. The mare had a foal EXACTLY 11
months from her FIRST due date. If she had not been in
foal the first time we checked, that baby would have
been a full month premature, and he was way too
developed for that...

The vet still insists that she was right and the mare
was open when we checked the first time and that the
baby just came early and was big....

I'm not so sure, but oh well!

30-day pregnancies are hard to miss.  Don't forget that normal gestation
CAN be as short as 10 months--and if the baby is "programmed" to only take
that long, he will be completely developed and normal-sized.

I wouldn't bet either way on that one...

Heidi

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton