Re: [RC] how hi to tie - Truman Prevatt

I've had a horse that was so limber she got one leg over the top rail of a board fence that was 4 feet high!  No problem - she stood there we took off the board and removed the leg. She did a 50 three days later so no issue.

Her son has been know to get his foot in a hay bag hanging in a trailer - not the net kind but the type that are made from fabric with a hole cut in the front. It hung about 3 to 4 feet from the floor. No problem, just take it down.

It depends on the horse - each one is different. I'd probably use tieing to anything as a last resort for these two horses. I have used a tie line on both of them but not over night and not with a long  tie.

I've seen a lot of rope burn scars on horses where tieing for prolonged periods of time was used. It works fine on some and it doesn't work so well with others.

Truman

Jonni Jewell wrote:

The horse was tied to short. Not an error with the Hi-Tie, but with the
user. Those of us who have also done NATRC can tell you the proper length
the rope should be to let the horse be able to eat, drink, and lay down, yet
not get it's leg over the rope easily. And for those of us who have been
doing so for many years, this is tied to the side of the trailer, not using
Hi-Ties which came on to the market not that long ago (in relationship to
how long we have tied to the side of the trailer.)

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.