From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 11:29 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] FLORIDA CUT THROAT TENT BURNING ?

Please Reply to: Kathy none@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is endurance getting Cut Throat? With big money being offered for some
of these horses you better believe it is. Endurance has changed alot
over the years not only with the times, rides,rules and attitude of some
riders. Some of these changes are good and some are not. Endurance years
ago use to be more for fun, good times and friendship but alot of that
is changing. I was recently at a ride in Florida where I observed
several others riders that have been in endurance for several years and
I also observed several new riders to the sport. I was glad to see both
but was later shocked when I observed how these so called "old timers"
treated these new riders. I am just glad when I started in Endurance
that things were different because if it was this way when I started I
would have never stayed with it. So just remember we all started some
where as beginners and if you have nothing nice to say, then sit in your
little trailer INSTEAD of under the awning, drink your coffee out of
your little cups and stay out of the rest of our way that still enjoy
Endurance as FUN!

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If
you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm

I still prefer what it is that BH100, Tevis, The Duck's Soup of Endurance,
etc. has to offer...but, to see a horse canter over sand for those
distances...Good Lord, it humbles me.
~  Frank Solano