[RC] Gas vs Diesel Trucks - Jerry & Susan Milam

I'm starting to look at a replacement vehicle for my 95' 5.9L Dodge Ram 1500
that has 101,000 miles cause I'm either gonna need to paint it soon, get a
new bumper cause rust has started eating my chrome and get a new exhaust
system. The engine is still doing fine for the terrain I travel in mostly,
but it does labor when we come to some steeper grades we have in the
midwest. I haul a 3HS 28ft 4800lb unloaded Kiefer Built; up to 8000 loaded.
It really does tax the vehicle occasionally. So the question is, do I nickel
and dime the vehicle I currently have or drop more bucks for a newer, more
powerful engine. Then the question is, Gas or Diesel? Which is best and why?

TIA

In His Hands,
Susan, Fly Bye & Dandy

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time you are given."
Gandalf the Grey of Lord of the Rings

There are 2 ways to win at this sport. You take a horse and race him for a
short time and then find a new horse or you can take one horse , do the
homework and spend many miles and years enjoying that horse.
~  Paddi Sprecher