Re: [RC] [RC] Hi Tie - terry banister

Pulling back is the panic reaction that kicks in when they reach the end of their rope and feel the pressure from an immovable object. They don't instinctively know enough to move forward to release the pressure. With the HiTies and SpringTies and Highlines, the "fixed-object" dynamics don't come into play. The horse does not feel the need to pull back, and if they did, they are not able to get any leverage - because the mounting point is ABOVE their head (at 7 ft.) and the rod has "give" as well as the bungee tie (for those that use them).
And, don't forget, the horse also has the ability to move and turn, so they can turn and look at things, which eliminates a lot of the reason for the spook/pullback in the first place. By the time they reach the end of the line, they learn to just turn and go the other way.

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/