Re: [RC] [RC] Hi Tie - terry banister

They are mounted to the steel pillars/frame of the trailer, not the flimsy walls.
Terry

>From: Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: Barbara McCrary <bigcreekranch@xxxxxxxxxx>
>CC: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [RC] Hi Tie
>Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:32:43 -0500
>
>If they tested by hanging a 1000 pound weight to it for 10 minutes
>and it didn't break - yes. But I doubt none have undergone that
>test. If they have I would like to hear from them.
>
>The force goes back to your trailer and the mounting of the device
>the the trailer. Can your trailer hold four bolts with that much
>force applied. I also have to wonder what damage a horse that is a
>puller could do to himself on one of these things.
>
>Truman
>
>Barbara McCrary wrote:
>
>>I have a question for people who use Hi Ties: what happens if you
>>have a
>>horse that is a puller? The kind that will lean back against a
>>rope and
>>just hang there with all of his weight until the snap breaks. In
>>which case
>>you use a heavy rope with a bull snap that he can't break, but he
>>will just
>>almost sit down while pulling. Can a Hi Tie survive that?????
>>
>>Barbara

Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp

We are talking about all the tools we can use to keep our horses safe and
alive at the rides. Training/conditioning is one of the best tools
available. It makes us better horseman and women, it benefits our horses
and could quite possibly be the key to preventing most crashes.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm