[RC] Injectable glucosamine vs. brand name Adequan - Jennifer Thompson

Hi all,

After listening to Dr. Garlinghouse's talk on supplements at convention (can't remember if it was the AERC or NATRC talk) and recently discussing joint supplements with her in person, I have decided to forego purchasing any more oral joint supplements, as none of them have ever really been scientifically proven to work, and just go with monthly IM injections of Adequan.

I was shocked, however, at how much the price of Adequan has gone up since the last time I used it (it's now $60 to $70 per one-dose vial!), and am now looking into similar products I've been seeing adverstised, labeled as just plain old "injectable glucosamine".

What, if any, is the difference in these injectables, versus Adequan? Are they the same or not? Are the benefits the same? I want to do right by my boy, and won't scrimp at his expense, but if the generic stuff works, I'd be really happy to find that out!

Any product and/or vendor info would also be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jennifer

============================================================ It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated. It just isn't. ~ Frank Solano