Re: [RC] Speaking Arabian - Lif Strand

At 09:55 AM 3/23/2004, Barbara McCrary wrote:
I am working now with a very smart horse, one who has taught me all the stuff you mention

It took me a very long time to learn what I learned, and my best (and breakthrough) teacher was one very incredible horse - Ben Nasrif. He came to us freaked out and wound tighter than a coiled spring. It fell to me to ride him, and none of my techniques worked except mind control - that is, control of MY mind, not his. He was the perfect biofeedback machine, so to speak - a most highly reflective member of a highly reflective breed. If I got uptight, he was instantly uptight. If I breathed deeply, relaxed and gave him my heart, he breathed deeply, relaxed and gave his heart back.

We covered a lot of miles together, had our ups and downs, he did save my life not once but twice, and what I owe him far exceeds the cost of his living in a comfortable retirement for the rest of his hopefully long life.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA