RE: [RC] Some Folks Don't Speak Arabian - Stewart, Carrie

I am selling my young Arabian gelding endurance prospect.  Everyone who
has come to see him can't believe how well behaved and calm he is.
Makes me wonder what kind of Arabians they have gone to see before?!
All of my horses are calm and well behaved.  I expect that from them.  I
expect that I can throw a saddle on them after a month or two and I
don't have to lunge them for an hour.  Now, my horses are not dead heads
but if they spook, they do so in a manner that will not hurt anyone on
their backs that is a competent rider.  I can ride the above mentioned
gelding across a 4 lane highway, stop in the median for traffic and he
doesn't even blink an eye at the 18 wheelers going by at 70 mph.  More
that one person has said that it is because I am such a calm person that
my Arabians reflect that.  I think it has more to do with patience,
understanding and communication.

Carrie Stewart
Central Region
To train a horse you have to be smarter than the horse.
With Arabians, fewer people qualify.

joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle