[RC] poison apple - DAldr94141

Hi. I was wondering something. I know about the seeds in apples having some cianide in them and that people should avoid eating them. What about horses? How much is too much? I gave 2 apples a day (one per feeding) for many months with no problem whatsoever. I get the boxes of bruised apples from the grocery store so it's cheap to feed them. Someone my husband knows said their vet said not to feed apples to horses and if you do, to only feed them one apple a month!! Huh? Mine aren't dead, yet. What's up with that? Any comments especially from a vet out there in Ridecampville?

Deb