Re: [AERC-Members] [RC] Drug testing - detection and sample size - Magnumsmom

In a message dated 3/21/2004 8:02:16 AM, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
When I worked on the track, the protocol was two horses from every
race--the winner, and one randomly from the rest of the pack.

And one more point on this.  The horses at the track are
held until they urinate for a test.  (Could be advent of
teaching horses to pee on command?)

Blue was tested at the second check at a ride in CA.  He
had just pee'd prior to coming into the check.  I told her
that, but of course we had to try to get him to pee again.
(he was only interested in eating).  He didn't pee, so she
locked the lid and he came out as "negative".  I also told
her where our rig and trailer was so she could come get
a sample anytime during lunch or post ride.  She did not.
I think she left to go test another CA event.

I like the idea of random during the ride testing, but I also
like the idea of holding the chosen horses at rides end
until a sample can be taken.

Kathy Myers
in Santa FE, NM
ps... first off, if we're spending $1M for drug testing, I'll bet
we'd get a discount.  Secondly, if we're spending $1M for drug
testing maybe we should go into the business and start a non-
profit testing lab.
People in Alabama swear by manure tea as an herbal remedy for colds.
~ Lisa Redmond