RE: [RC] [RC] Beagles in endurance? - Laurie Durgin

Barbie maybe?

From: "Mike Sofen" <msofen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Beagles in endurance?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:22:25 -0800

I have a really well-conformed beagle...well, it sort of looks like a
beagle, but anyway, he eats and drinks really well and even though none of
my saddles fit him, I'm totally sure he'll make a fantastic endurance mount.
Granted, my feet will drag on the ground, and he might get a sore back, but
sheesh, I won't need a trailer or even a truck to get him to a ride, and I
can pack enough puppy chow to hold him over for a month.

What do you think? Has anyone ever ridden a beagle in endurance?

Boris Badenov
(remember - I also sell bridges)

Riding alone is when you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland

All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by ESPN. http://msn.espn.go.com/index.html?partnersite=espn

REAL endurance is taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards