[RC] Winter Horse - Summer Weather - Aaron Turnage

Our first ride of the season is this weekend at Rides
of March.  I am SO EXCITED!  This was my first ride
ever (LD) last year and this year I'm doing the 50!

Had a quick question....  The weather here in Reno has
been unseasonably, but enjoyably, warm and pleasant
the last two weeks.  They are forecasting 80 degrees
for Saturday (ride day).  The problem is someone
forgot to tell my horse and although he's shedding
furiously right now, he's still quite hairy.  He does
have a modified trace clip (full chest and most of his
neck) but is still pretty fluffy everywhere else right
now.

Would I be okay to sponge him in 80 degree weather?
Remember this is desert country with low humidity.
Right now when I ride, he get's really sweaty but the
actual hair is usually dried by the time we're done.
I want to keep him as comfortable as possible but am
worried about him chilling by sponging....????

Thanks!

Crysta & Sinatra - If you're coming to Rides of March,
say hi!  He's the overo paint with two blue eyes!
REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards