[RC] wet hay in trailers - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Roger Garlitz texastwist @ev1.net or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you fill a hay bag ( not a hay net) with hay, then soak it with a hose, or
just dump some water on it, the hay will stay nice and damp. I trailered my
horse from Texas to Tevis and back twice. He did great on the trailer rides.
Stop every couple of hours and just dump a dog dish of water into the hay bag
as you add hay. Cautrion. when you get home dump out the hay and hose out the
bag or you get nice moldy mess. This method works well during vet checks and
overnight at the trailer.

joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle