[RC] Pasos in endurance - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Julie S. js017k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've really been interested in the post threads today dealing with gaiteds,
especially Pasos (as owning a Paso and riding endurance is what I hope to do in
5 or 6 years when I can finally get a horse...patience is a virtue, I suppose).
Anyway, could some of the Paso riders out there post some stories/info about
how their horses do in endurance, how they compare to Arabs, what portion of
rides is spent in what gait, etc? I've seen a lot of helpful comments from ride
vets, other riders, etc., but the best indicator of how pasos perform would
probably come from experienced Paso owners. I gather that they do well enough
in the LD rides, but what about longer distances?

Dana B.- I'd love to hear more about your horses and where they get them,
pedigrees, etc (just curious which lines do well in endurance). Could you post
or email me more?

Sundaez - I'd love to know more about your research into this subject. Could
you post or email me with more info?

As I'm the the online pages seem to not allow direct posting of email addys,
please reply to me at js017k at mail dot rochester dot edu if you prefer not to
post to the forum.

Thanks to all who can provide input!!

Julie
(living vicariously through RC for now!)

taking your non-horsey family to a ridecamp with you!
~ Heidi Sowards