From: <bobmorris@xxxxxxxx>
To: <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2004 2:08 PM
Subject: RE: [RC] MSM?

What every one is forgetting or ignoring in this discussion
about "substances" is exactly what set things off.

A poster to the net said <<<I put her on APF three weeks
before the Smokey Killen 3 day ride.  She was pretty mellow
at vet in, no significant changes until the PR's during the
ride.  Oh My,  she has always pulsed okay but never a real
low pulse during the ride,  48-56 range.  She pulsed in all
day at 44-40 and finally after 8 high vet scores, she
finally got her Best Condition.  I can not say how it has
improved her recoveries, but it helped with the visible
stress as I am sure it did with the internal stress.  Even
at twenty mule team we trotted in at 65 miles, stopped for 5
seconds and they were at 60. >>>>

This rider was extolling the merits of of the substance used
and that it improved the performance of her horse to the
state where it won BC. Now realize, this horse had shown for
BC and had the high vet score eight times. But the
"substance" allowed a much lower pulse rate that attained
the coveted BC Award. The Rider also states that a certain
named vet is endorsing this product.

Does any one care to deny that it should be called a
performance enhancing substance and thus not suitable for
equines in competition as per Rule 13?

Your

Bob Morris
Morris Endurance Enterprises
Boise, ID

Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough
~  Theodore Roosevelt

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris