Re: [RC] The passing of Sierra Fadwah and Rio- part 1 of 2 - SandyDSA

Thanks, Nick,

This post fills me with both pride and more than a little sadness. What wonderful ambassadors for our sport, these two and their partners have been! I feel a special affection for Fadwah since my precious Fadjur mare is now 29 and we have shared more of life together than I have with any one person save my mother! I dread the day I see her name in print at the end of her days. Because of the incredible qualities I found in her - many the same as so many have seen in Fadwah - we seemed to have acquired several other Fadjur bred mares and a stallion, for the sole purpose of re-creating as best we can thse horses with such qualities. I wish I had kept one of her foals but I didn't, so now I am grateful for our Fadjurs Prize daughter, our double Fadjur young stallion, and our beautiful black amre who turns out to be of some Fadjur breeding. It seems that these lines are such terrific sources of quality athletic ability - I wonder, how many people out tehre either HAVE Fadjur lines in their horses and/or purposefully seek them when buying or breeding a horse. They used to be so popular for show, but as Fadwah has so constantly demonstrated, they are awesome for the most athletic endeavor available to the equine athlete.

Even though I felt very sad when I heard of this over the last several days, I felt  a sense of pride in both each of these horses, for their constance and their ability to pass that on. I think I will go otu and hug my ponies - again:)!