[RC] Trotting/Pacing/confusion - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Ray O'Donohue rno2m@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Folks: I (think) some of us have the trot confused with the pace.I doubt most
of us have ever seen any modern TWH trot.Today's TWH is far more likely to pace
or stepping-pace than do a running walk,and if he is  pacey,it seems unlikely
that he would ever do a real trot.Absent the rack,the timing continuum
is:Trot-Foxtrot-Runningwalk-Steppingpace-Pace,and for one horse to span all
that without extraordinary traing effort seems unlikely.My MFT has more gaits
than any horse I've evr ridden,but I believe he has never trotted in his life.I
may be wrong in all this! Truman,I wish I had your mare,and I sure enjoy
hearing about her.I wish more folks knew what a good saddle horse is.(notice I
said saddle horse,not Saddlebred.)

good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown