Re: [RC] Keeping 'real' drugs out of the AERC - heidi

But you would spend some time in jail for possession of a federally
controlled substance. I don't know how anyone could not consider
cocaine, heroine, etc. a drug - the FDA the Justice Dept and every state
 enforcement sure does.

<sigh> Let me slightly rephrase what kat said.  By your logic, it would be
"ok" to feed the horse coca leaves or poppies, because they are "just
herbs"--you imply that they don't become "drugs" until the active
substance is distilled out of them.

The point here is that herbs that are useful as medicines DO contain drugs
in their natural and unrefined forms.

Therefore, one cannot assume that because the medicine is an herb, it does
not violate the AERC drug rule.  (Never mind that it violates the
philosophy behind the drug rule.)

Heidi

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop