[RC] Webshots Photos -- GC Shoes - DreamWeaver

http://community.webshots.com/album/126016733QkkYWC

I know these aren't working for everybody, but so far <knocking on wood> so good -- for Chief. He just got a new set put on today and here are photos of the set that came off. He did the 100 last month in them and then quite a few trail rides in them. He also cruised down China Lake Boulevard in Ridgecrest in these shoes between 3 and 4 a.m. :-)

I took photos of the shoes to show the amount of wear, and also next to a size 1 St. Croix Xtra EZ so you can see that it is the same size as a size 00 Ground Control shoe. Chief is an easy test subject because he shoes right out of the box, in both cases. He wears a size 2 Easyboot, size 1 Boa Boot, size 1 St. Croix and size 00 Ground Control.

Oh yeah -- in answer to the what age to do a 100 mile question -- this horse was 8 when he did his first 100 and my other horses were 7 when they did theirs. I think older is better, that way you've had more time to get the horse ready so that when they do that first 100 it's No Big Deal for them. That is why I'm not taking Chief on the Tevis this year, (plus I've asked the advice of people a lot more experienced than I am), and we think we'd like to let him have another year. There is time. If you do too much too soon, you don't get to do it for as long. :-) I would like for this horse to last at least as long as my first two endurance horses, and feel that I owe it to him to at least try to use some of what I've learned along the way!

Karen
in NV

Locks do not prevent theft, they only deter those in doubt.
~ Robert Morris