Re: [RC] [RC] AERC Convention - Truman Prevatt

I have hung around Navy guys a lot in my life. In fact some of them saved my butt more than once - another story over a beer. But there is no one in the field with rougher language than a a Navy man (or woman).  However, when they put on their Mess Dress for a socal function you will not find anywhere a more well behaved group of gentlemen and ladies - not a foul word to be heard, exquisite manors and attention to protocol. To everything its time and place.

You are right the convention banquet was not the time nor place for off color language and/or jokes to a captive audience - some who may not have appreciate it. The convention should be all of us putting on our Mess Dress and celebrating what is best in our sport - and I don't think that is off color language or jokes. Save those for the trail in the "heat of battle."

Truman

Laurie Underwood wrote:
Just because Alex has heard that language before doesn't mean she should
have to or wants to.  I work in an office where the "F" is used
profusely.  Does that mean since I hear it all the time I should accept
it whenever I hear it?  In the office I handle it by getting up and
shutting the door of the person doing the swearing, and that includes
the owner of the company for whom I work.

Your reference to the "16 year old, super rider" is a bit rude, Howard.
It's not a matter of lightening up.  It's a matter of respect.  Good for
Alex for having self respect.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Laurie Underwood

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.