Re: [RC] TWH - Truman Prevatt

If you read up on the history of the walking horse you will find that the late and great Midnight Sun would show in the "five gaited class" then come back in the ring in the walking horse class to kick butt and take names. It was said that Roan Allen (to which every TWH alive goes back to) was "seven gaited" regularly winning five gaited classes along with walking horse classes. These great horses of the pass would do a running walk, slow gait (slow rack) fast rack, trot, canter, gallop - whatever you wanted them to do.

The well conformed walking horse can do it all - and even do it barefoot!  The shoes, chains, weights are more than gimmicks their use is a hopeless attemp to make up for somethng the horse just doesn't have.

Truman

DarkHorseGoddess@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>Keeping both those things in mind, doesn't it stand to reason that if a  horse is built to do a certain gait, but doesn't (or is inconsistent)  that there is a shoing  and/or collection issue?

Please, also keep conformation in mind... if a gaited horse is NOT built with a good "gaiting conformation", he will not gait. The use shoes and weights to "get" a horse to gait ... are training gimmicks. Raven

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.