Re: [RC] Sports Boots, which ones are cooler? - Stephanie E Caldwell

I've looked on the web and can't seem to find
anything out there? Can you suggest another boot
besides the prof choice boots?

My mare wears some sort of leg protection on all 4
legs 24/7 right now. I've got Pro Equine Sport Boots,
Professionals Choice Sport Boots, and Ortho Equine
Sport Boots.

The Ortho Equine ones are mine and her favorite. They
are truly breathable, they don't grow nasty stuff
under there either. They have a seperate bottom strap
that you can buy replacement straps for. I've had mine
for 11 weeks and she's lived in them about 30 -40% of
the time, they still look new! Mine have the impact
protection over the tendons and they were around $70.

The Pro Equine boots seem to give more support than
the Professionals Choice, she hasn't worn them much,
just found them used. They do not breathe and are
hotter than the Ortho Equine.

The Professionals Choice I wouldn't have puchased had
they not been very cheap. She gets nasty fungus under
professionals choice products for some reason. They
work for support, but they're not my first choice!

Steph