Re: [RC] Drinking from Streams - heidi

I had the most wonderful experience on my training ride yesterday! My
horse, for the first time, actually drank from a stream! I know it's a
small thing (my friends think I'm nuts for making such a big deal out of
 it). My question is how do I keep her comfortable doing it? She took a
drink then pawed in it a little and moved on. This is a very small
stream we pass over every time we ride so it really took me by suprise
that she stopped to investigate, usually she just steps over it. The
larger streams we've crossed while competing she looks at as a 10' wall
and usually jumps as high as she can. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. TIA

The fact that she played in it is a good sign.

Whenever possible, I like to team "green drinkers" up with old hands that
stop and guzzle at every opportunity--monkey see, monkey do!

Heidi

Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown