[RC] Drinking from Streams - Kari Hanes

I had the most wonderful experience on my training ride yesterday! My horse, for the first time, actually drank from a stream! I know it's a small thing (my friends think I'm nuts for making such a big deal out of it). My question is how do I keep her comfortable doing it? She took a drink then pawed in it a little and moved on. This is a very small stream we pass over every time we ride so it really took me by suprise that she stopped to investigate, usually she just steps over it. The larger streams we've crossed while competing she looks at as a 10' wall and usually jumps as high as she can. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
TIA
Kari
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

It is how we "feel" deep inside that matters, cause each of us knows the
truth, regardless of how we try make it complicated.  It just isn't.
~ Frank Solano