From: Truman Prevatt [mailto:tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 7:12 PM
To: John Teeter
Cc: bobmorris@xxxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] 2004 Endurance Team

I have no reason to question Bob's numbers. If 52 only rode one ride and 82 rode more than one we need to know how many more than one. There were 992 one day 100 mile riders last year. Even if the 82 rode 3 each that brings it to less than 300 - less than one third of the number of 100 mile riders.

The AERC Int members (of which I am one ) accounts for less than 10% of the members. That means that 90% of the riders pay for the AERC. That means that 90% of the riders support the ride managers and ride their rides.

I believe that we should be involved in international and I support it.  I also believe we should not have the 90% exercise what you could be called the "tyrannry of the majority" that would negatively impact the riders with international aspirations.  The international protion of the sport has it's place, HOWEVER, internation is the minority by a significant percentage and as such is not captain of the ship. It is the 90% that drives the the ship. I think sometimes that is is lost.

Truman

John Teeter wrote:
> ....Thus my statement of biased reporting.

Your facts sound right:) It would be interesting to see the ratio of FEI100milers_to_AERC100milers. Apples.2.Apples as one could get.

your conclusion of biased reporting though is showing a desire for editorial bias on your part:)

Your editorial bias seems to be for all reports concerning the convention to include information about all aspects of the AERC with detail proportional to the membership participation in that area of Endurance riding?

I think my bias would be for anyone who has something to say to be able to say it:) Your welcome to publish your report as well. I hope it would be as factual and straight forward (i.e. not trying to hide any biases:) as what Pamela presented.

johnt
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is
noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience,
which is the bitterest.
~  Confucius

--

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->