[RC] Gas Prices - Val Nicoson

Illinois metroeast region of St Louis MO...hope that
makes sense :-/
Gas prices are running from a yesterday low of $1.599
to a high of 1.699 from what I've seen at the offbrand
gas stations (MotoMart, Kasey's etc).
My take on all the gas prices...they are trying to
desensitize us to the high prices.  I remember when
$1.55 was cheap and would gas up...now $1.60 is cheap.
I think they will keep on doing this until we think
$1.90 is cheap.
I agree that this will reduce the numbers of people
attending rides further from where they live.  Perhaps
closer-in rides might consider doing the ride more
than one time per season due to the high gas prices.
Happy Trails,
Val