[RC] "jammed" fetlock? - Catfish Daniels

The other day when I trottet out my mare prior to a training ride at home, I noticed that she was off just ever so slightly on her front left. It was hardly noticable, but you could hear her landing harder on one side than the other. I examined her thoroughly and could not find any soreness or swelling. A couple of days later I took her to a local vet for a lameness exam. After giving her a flexion test on her left front fetlock, he said that she has a "jammed" fetlock joint. It could have happened in the pasture while running around, and he said to just lay off for a while. He compared it to when we sometimes jam our finger joints - it just takes a while for it to heal and go away.

As far as treatment, he suggested to simply leave it alone and give it time. As with any vet, I really respect his findings and opinion. I am, however, seeking for 2nd opinions, suggestions or comments from anybody that may have had a similar experience with their horse. My mare is only 6 and after a career on the track (which is always scary), this is her first slow season in endurance. I've got a little over 400 training miles on her and her first 50 under our belt, so the vet doubts that her fetlock issue had anything to do with her prior career.

Anyway, some of you are amazing when it comes to this sort of info. Any suggestions are extremely appreciated. Thanks :-)

Catfish

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx

Of course things aren't perfect,  perfect doesn't exist on this earth.
Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if
everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each
other doesn't get anything done.
~  Dot Wiggins