Re: [RC] Paint Alternative Competition points - JANUSTUDIO

In a message dated 2/28/03 1:08:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
penelope_75647@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I'll get off my soap box now, says she who bought an Arab
cause she couldn't find a paint that could "run with the
big boys" and not take alot of work to stay in condition.
 I would love to find a registered Paint that could do
this, you can bet I would be a loud voice in APHA and
bending a few ears!

Regards,
Penny

Hi Penny,

When I first got my Paint for CTR and Endurance, I was eager to participate
in their PAC program, I think it was called something else then. But, I was
soon dismayed at the way the points were counted. It was near to impossible
to get any points and no recognition for miles. So, I dropped the whole thing.
I did some letter writing, but to no avail. I suppose there just isn't enough
of us.
Anyway, I just ride in mostly CTRs and some LDs, enjoying  NATRC and our
local distance riding group for points, and mileage credits.
Too bad you weren't able to find a good Paint distance horse. My Rider is
just super! He is more of the TB type, but he can hang with a good working
pulse, and drop as well as his Arab counterparts. Because he is 15.3, I do a
lot of sponging. My main breed concerns are the long back that the Paint and
QH breeders like, and the smaller size of his hooves relative to his size.
Thus I have saddle fitting problems, and help my farrier make his truck
payments. <g>
I've had Arabs for 30+ years and love them, so have no breed prejudice. I
love them all. Yes, it is easier to ride those swift little radiators!
Especially in Endurance. . . But, for CTR, I feel you can be competitive on
any well conditioned breed.

Jan & Rider R5 ~ who was enjoying the AZ sunshine, but have been enduring the
record breaking rainfall for the last four days!!!!