[RC] photo sensitive - Deblyons54

WELL.  I've had him for three months, have been keeping
> sunscreen on the area religiously (along with a tea tree oil
>
> ointment), and while the skin itself has improved in texture
>
> - it is very smooth and soft (almost shiney-like) -
> absolutely no hair has grown there.

I owned a photosensitive mare for about 14 years. It started as a two year old and the only thing I could do was cover it with a face mask that I made for her, or keep her totally out of the sun. She lost all the hair on her nose the first year. She hated Zinc Oxide or anything else that was heavy and would itch and rub til it (and the skin) was gone. Her white socks would also weep at times. When I used her I put Mary Kay sun screen on her nose repeating the application every 4 hours or so, as it seemed to be the only thing she would tolerate. My Mary Kay salesman gave me very odd looks when I bought 5 tubes each spring and told her I used it on my horse. The hair never did grow back.