From: "DABNEY FINCH" <dabneyesq@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Charles" <cdy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 12:26 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] Televising Endurance rides

My sister-in-law, who's in "the business," (she's a producer and screen
writer) says endurance would be problematic to shoot well because you'd
have
to have a rider carrying a movie camera (I guess that's how they get a lot
of their "up close and personal" shots in the Eco Challenges).  They did
televise the Tevis one year on I think Discovery, but it certainly wasn't
up
to the old Eco Challenges.  I agree with you--those were great (before
they
got so "reality TV about it).
--Dabney