Re: [RC] Training Facilities (was too quiet) - Truman Prevatt

Actually John, you are 100% correct in your assessment. The UAE has raised the bar in international endurance competition. Many of us in the US may not agree that this is "endurance" or like the fact that they are being sucessful,  but endurance riding is defined by the first to cross the finish line and is fit to continue wins. If it is not a race - why are do they give a first place? The times they posted were very impressive and from Steph's account the horses looked good.

The US used to dominate, but we no longer do. If the US wants to dominate again it must figure out how to select a team for the worlds and develop the team to be competitive. That means we have to give up this fairy tail of selecting the team a few months prior to the WEG and think we can just show up. It won't work any longer. If we don't figure out how to send a seasoned team to the WEG we can get used to be relegated to being also runs.

So here's to your tuna and raising you a malrin :-) .

Truman

John Teeter wrote:

Take for example in the US, converting the upper Fort Valley area into an endurance village for training on mountainous terrain, or making the cross Florida greenway (can't remember the name..:( into an area for fast/flat winter training) and then have all the endurance riders in those areas quit there jobs and do nothing but train and experiment and ride etc.) That may be what it takes to stay competitive at the international level of the sport. That is how the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado came into being....

Hows all that for a dead fish:-)

johnt