Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 8:50 PM
Subject: [RC] ATHLETE defined

Perhaps Mr. Webster can better say what I'm trying pathetically to describe.

Athlete: n. A person trained or skilled in acts or games requiring physical strength, agility, speed, etc,

This describes the horse in any event very well.  It does NOT describe the rider...nor does it describe a shooter.  I'm a gun hunter (pretty good shot too) and would not describe myself as an athlete because of that fact.

But, I respect the fact that others don't agree.

Susan Young Casey, Princess of Pink, LIW, RRHA, RHS
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles,
and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

Do you Yahoo!?