Re: [RC] President's Cup Race (in my opinion) - SandyDSA

In a message dated 2/19/2003 9:02:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, KimFue@xxxxxxx writes:

There are many equestrian sports that become corrupt from big money....this type of endurance racing would not be the first

Kim,
NO flames from here. It is so sad and pitiful that this is the case. I know a lot of people may be up in your face in some sort of indignation about "well, WE DON'T go there for the money...blah blah". But as I tell my daughters, you are indeed judged by the company you keep, and in addition,  the very appearance of a certain behavior or approval is enough - if one does not want people to think they are a dog - don't bark.

I am proud of you for speaking up - I would rather be friends with someone who takes flack for doing the right thing than be seen with someone who is popular whilst doing - or even looking like they are doing - the wrong thing.  I love my horses - they depend on me. I wouldn't dream of putting their interests after my own in this.