From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Steph Teeter
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 9:37 AM
To: KimFue@xxxxxxx; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] President's Cup Race (in my opinion)

Kim,

I appreciate your comments, and candidness. I suspect that most in the US,
and many in other countries agree with you.

I'll give you my candid reasons for involvement with UAE events.

1. as an Endurance news website: I try to present to the world, what is
happening in the world. The Pres Cup is an extreme endurance Racing event -
money, press, betting, groomed flat track. Not the sport that we nurture
here in the US. My personal opinion is that events like this are bad for our
sport. ...But Endurance Net is a news medium, and the Pres Cup is
newsworthy. Everyone will have their own opinions as to whether it is
bad/good/indifferent for the sport of endurance. My goal with Endurance Net
is to provide the information - let people know what is happening out there,
as well as at home. Once you know, you can do what you will with the
information. (it was not an accident that I put the Pres Cup banner below
Frank's comments)

2. as a rider: When I received an invitation to ride in the World Cup
(Dubai) with Khruschev, I didn't hesitate for a second. Everybody has a
price, mine is the thrill of adventure. I ate their food, I dined and
lounged in tents set up in the middle of the desert - carpets, hubbly bubbly
pipes, the feel and smell of mid-Eastern air. I spent 3 weeks in an exotic
foreign country with my husband and one of my sons. I rode across sand dunes
among the camels - this was AWESOME! I met some very fine people. It was a
most incredible adventure, I don't regret it for a second, and I would do it
again.

Steph