Re: [RC] Presidents Cup - press release Cynic warning - Maryanne Stroud Gabbani

As I have commented many times before to the consternation of some in the FEI and many who like UAE money, this is a pile of horse manure....no, horse manure is much, much cleaner. I've watched these guys up close and personal....and I speak Arabic, even though I don't look like I should. Don't kid yourselves. Love of a sport has nothing to do with 99% of what is going on. Love of self-aggrandizement has a whole lot. They could skip the race, the invitations, the parties, and all that.....just throw a ride for a bunch of cameras and give each other cups, for all the importance that the earlier steps have in the process. The trainers and vets may care about the horses and endurance, but the principals??? Hah! Been there and seen the tremendous bond between man and.....uh, who was that I was riding??? No, make it man and Grand Cherokee. And where the Arabic speaking comes in handy.....don't kid yourselves that they think the visitors are wonderful. The foreign competitors are simply a necessary evil and they have no respect for anyone. How can they when they actually publish this hoo-haaw and expect people to swallow it at face value? Anyone who believes these releases has watched too many trashy daytime TV shows.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani
Cairo, Egypt
www.ratbusters.net
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." --Leonardo da Vinci