Re: [RC] Preventing Treated Horses - Heidi Smith

A-hah!...and how are we supposed to know the "truth"?  The lack of
"truth" causes just what you describe. If the Vet Report could be
referred to for the "truth", then there would not be speculation,
inuendo, accusations, and people getting tried in "internet court".
With no facts, what we generate is an example of the FUD factor...Fear,
Uncertainty, and Doubt.

I can't speak to what has happened in the past couple of years, but I know
prior to that time, any vets attending the annual CE meeting got at least an
overview of what went on with horse deaths, treatments, etc.  I know I've
filled in my share of treatment forms and a few death forms as well over the
years.  Somebody has this stuff, and somebody has done SOMETHING with it at
least some years.  I don't know who Bob has asked when he says this
information doesn't exist--a fair amount of it must exist somewhere to have
generated the reports that the vets have been given at convention in years
past.

As to the "Internet Court"--it has been my experience that many of the folks
who do the most "roasting" on the Net don't care to have facts interfere
with their agendas anyway.  So I doubt that having the facts publicly
available would much change the approach of those who like to hide behind
the anonymity of a keyboard and screen to be vicious.

This isn't to say that we should not be diligently collecting data--we
certainly SHOULD be.  Just my observations on human nature and internet
forums in general....

Heidi