Re: [RC] Preventing Treated Horses - Howard Bramhall

I never did say the rider should be dragged over the coals.  Your words, not
mine.  I just suggested the event of a horse dying at an endurance ride
should be "discussed."  Why isn't it?  Ever?  Except on Ridedcamp.  The only
time I've ever seen it talked about in Endurance News was when someone filed
a protest.  If we have those files in the closet in the AERC office, why
can't this information be disclosed?  If nothing else, some of that
information might actually vindicate the rider instead of letting the rumors
and innuendoes fly, like they will if the facts are not presented.  Get it
out in the open.

I did not imply the rider should be taken to task at all in my post.  I
think the information should be published for educational reasons and to let
the rest of the world (the non-endurance one) know that AERC is not trying
to hide or omit anything. Check out Horse & Rider this month and see what
they say about the WEG in Spain.  And, a few other horse magazines that have
also broached the topic.  We need to say something whenever a horse dies at
an endurance ride as an organization or others will do it for us.

cya,
Howard