Re: [RC] AERC Reply to Request of 2002 Horse Death Info - Jeanne Slominski

I'm a bit behind on reading Ridecamp. Here's my take on Jim's response from AERC. Advising Jim that all records are open to him to peruse is a cop out. Why should any one have to personally go to the office to try to find the requested information for themselves? It implies, at least to me, that the executive office does not have the information readily available for dissemination. Why not? It was my understanding that AERC tracks medical treatments and deaths at rides. Isn't that why the info is sent to the office after rides? Is it possible that the office does know it should be correlating the information? And if not, why don't they know?

I'm with you, Jim. Kathleen should have been able to send you the stats, not brush you off.

Jeanne
AERC #4887
Petaluma, CA